Current time: 20/09/2024, 10:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next?
RE: ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next?
(27/03/2017 17:49)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I think bearing those good points in mind operating larger vehicles would also open the door to increasing numbers on the Huyton-Warrington portion. I do completely agree with you that the 7 should be extended through to Liverpool ONE but I don't agree in putting deckers on one half of the route and single decks on the other half - as this would increase the number of vehicles needed to operate both portions. It would be far better to just completely upgrade it to double deck in my opinion

If it was extended through to Liverpool ONE then an additional vehicle will be required to keep the current frequency with the additional running time that would be added to the route. I really think the 7 has a lot of potential for growth and I for one hope that this is realised because it connects two of the North West's largest population centres yet bizarrely it doesn't terminate at the largest shopping centre in Liverpool which attracts customers from all over the North West

Yeah, I suppose that what I am suggesting is 2 completely separate services:
7 Huyton - Liverpool Queen Square, along the present route (could be kept single deck if the frequency is increased)
6 Warrington - Huyton - Liverpool One, using a much faster route between Huyton and Liverpool One.
That way I see all 3 main purposes people use the 7 being satisfied. As it stands, journey times are just too long for people to travel Warrington - Liverpool frequently, except for a few hardened individuals who don't mind spending 3 hours on a bus in a day!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next? - Valandil - 27/03/2017 18:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)