Current time: 20/09/2024, 10:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next?
RE: ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next?
(27/03/2017 16:25)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  I'd strongly disagree about the 7/8/9 needing deckers at all. The 8/9 service usually has the 'dregs' of the fleet due to vandalism and the fact service stops much earlier than most Liverpool routes. If Green Lane did receive deckers for such a service, I'd much rather appreciate them on the 410, especially during the summer months when New Brighton becomes the place to be.

I will say that the 7 is interesting though, as really it only would justify a double decker on the Huyton - Liverpool section of the route, and with the extension and redesign of Edge Lane retail park, it could become a very popular shopping destination once again, which in theory should increase passenger numbers. However, this does depend on the retail offering, as previously the old retail park was mainly Food, Entertainment furniture, DIY and electrical stores, often where a car or delivery is required, as apposed to New Mersey which has a mixed retail offering a little piece of something for everyone, including clothing retail. Something Edge Lane was lacking.

Yeah I get what you mean but I really don't think vandalism is a reason to not buy deckers anymore - I've been on double deckers in London and Birmingham and they were much worse than those operating on the worst routes in Liverpool for vandalism. The 410 is worth considering in the future for sure but I really don't think it's a priority at the moment - the 8/9 I do see where you're coming from but the 7 I'm totally convinced needs upgrading in either capacity or frequency within the next 12-18 months

If you think of how busy the 7 is now between Queen Square and Huyton then think of how much busier it will get if Edge Lane Retail Park takes off - there's absolutely no way in a month of Sundays that single deckers will be suitable on a 30 minute frequency. There's also the chance it could attract more people coming from the Warrington portion of the route as well which will further increase passenger numbers. Personally I think the only way around buying deckers (or bringing older ones in from Speke for example) for the 7 would be to increase the frequency to every 20 minutes - but even then I'm not sure that'd solve the issue. Time will tell though I'm sure
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next? - SK15 GZG - 27/03/2017 16:42

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)