Current time: 20/09/2024, 11:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
(03/03/2016 18:48)BHA Wrote:  On the C84 today were two ex Fishwicks, one ex Fk 29, the other I don't remember plus Gemini LJ04CGG or LGG looking superb in the Routemaster 2 tone green. GHA had three Centros out on the 84, CA07, EFC and EFD, and Arriva 4216,4477 and 4478 if anyone is interested.

That confirms the Geminis are starting to get out, Thanks

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/03/2016 18:48)BHA Wrote:  On the C84 today were two ex Fishwicks, one ex Fk 29, the other I don't remember plus Gemini LJ04CGG or LGG looking superb in the Routemaster 2 tone green. GHA had three Centros out on the 84, CA07, EFC and EFD, and Arriva 4216,4477 and 4478 if anyone is interested.

The other Fishwicks was Centro 24 (YJ07 JWD). GHA also had yellow school bus ex Arriva Olympian G503 SFT on the 84s. Both seen in Chester bus exchange at 16.30 this afternoon.

Les.
Find all posts by this user
I remember someone saying that when the DB250 Deckers come they be bringing in new Ticket Machines (think was one of there drivers come to think of it) has this happened or are they still on setright and Almex machines
Well today a driver told me as of saturday (26th march) the c84 is being withdrawn due to lack of patronage on the route.

Also there's D&G running to nantwich with arriva/gha in competition to chester.
(24/03/2016 14:43)33109 Wrote:  Well today a driver told me as of saturday (26th march) the c84 is being withdrawn due to lack of patronage on the route.

Also there's D&G running to nantwich with arriva/gha in competition to chester.

Has this come through on VOSA? - I don't remember seeing it ...
(24/03/2016 14:58)Valandil Wrote:  Has this come through on VOSA? - I don't remember seeing it ...

The people doing the section for the registrations on here would normal pick up on that , but I don't remember seeing anything myself either.
Not according to this:

C84 (Routemaster) Chester-Tarvin-Tarporley-Crewe Timetable amendments to early morning and evening journeys Monday-Saturdays 25 April 2016

Source:
http://www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk...anges.aspx
[quote='33109' pid='88763' dateline='1458830587']
Well today a driver told me as of saturday (26th march) the c84 is being withdrawn due to lack of patronage on the route.

I asked the inspector in Crewe if he knew about this & he told me that they had been told by the drivers & later by the council that Saturday was going to be the last day it would run. They have not given any notice to vosa but are dropping it immediately due to the losses they are making.

Oly
(24/03/2016 21:15)Olympian Wrote:  [quote='33109' pid='88763' dateline='1458830587']

I asked the inspector in Crewe if he knew about this & he told me that they had been told by the drivers & later by the council that Saturday was going to be the last day it would run. They have not given any notice to vosa but are dropping it immediately due to the losses they are making.

Oly

Cheshire East like Cheshire West only provide info on Routemaster changing the C84 timetable in a months time. If the C84 ends up been dropped it will be a shame, nice service and nice drivers when used it, seems odd with newer stock entering service this month.
Two in use today were ex TFL london daf VLWs.

Nice buses & also seen today an old east lancs 2000 bodied dart. Yh the c84 is a decent service but if it's making a loss then their only option is withdrawal.

The GHA 84 seems better loaded tbh.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)