Current time: 20/09/2024, 11:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(25/08/2012 11:44)citaro5284 Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 08:06)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 07:45)citaro5284 Wrote:  Yes, the route numbers on the X10 are correct. We wanted we try something different (and I quite like it!). Normally as you say it is just a route number in colour outlined in white.

Go North East has tried to do this before with their displays. I think a coloured background looks better than just the number with a white outline.

Tom, you are right we have used them before, but we started to receive complaints that the route numbers could not be seen mainly in sunshine, and was blending into the background. You have to be careful what colours you use for the background and the colour you use on the program on your pc when transferred to the vehicle sometimes is not quite the same shades.

The X10 is a good one as the base colour of the brand is not a light colour. To be honest, we tried the numbers in yellow to try and match the gold, but you could not see it in the daylight, hence why the route number is white on a dark background.

Does it cost more to buy the Hanover Displays with coloured route numbers?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I would have thought so, but unsure as that is something I don't get involved in.
Go North East had 8204 (V204ERG) at the Seaburn Rally today in memory of David Johnson (1981-2012) He was a driver for GNE and attended a majority of buses rallies. My thoughts go to his family and friends. It can be seen here and here

Go North East always had few more buses there (as they always do) including a brand new Red Arrows gemini and a brand new 'Tyne Tees Exprees' gemini and more... You can see more photos from the rally on my flickr (link in my signutare)

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Fleet news (From simplygo.com)

The first of 3 Optare Solo SR for use on Nexus contracts is 637: NK12 HCD.

Red Arrows B9TLs 6049, 6050 and 6051 have entered service at Washington resulting in Mercedes Citaros 5275, 5276 and 5277 being taken out of service pending re-allocation.

Former X9/X10 B7TLs 3941 and 3942 have been transferred to Winlaton, 3943 to Washington and 3962 and 3965 to Chester le Street.

Volvo B10BLE 4922: X922 WGR has been transferred from Winlaton to Deptford and DAF SB120 8243: NA52 BUV from Deptford to Saltmeadows.

Also, couple of things to report, 517 (NK51MJX) has been on the 17 as seen here. This is really stupid, and it was overcrowded all day (not suprised!)

And finally 3818 was on the North Tyne Links as seen here

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
Some observations from yesterday:

Prince Bishop 5216 (NK54NVM) was seen on Fast Cats X35 in Peterlee.
Red Arrow Citaro 5279 (NK07KPO) was working for Deptford on service 35.
Blaydon Racer 5156 (T806CBW) is now debranded while ex Fab 57 5166 (W816FBW) is now working for Winlaton.

Chris

Visit my Flickr page for bus photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/chriswhitesbusphotos
Changes to the X35 starting on Monday.
A bit of news for you all, the Wright Solar Fusions are withdrawn but are currently stabled at Thornton's pending another refurbishment but it is currently unknown what for they are going to be for.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Are you sure they have gone for refurbishment and not just storage? as Thorntons stored a lot of Olympians on their site till they were sold on.
That's what the drivers at the Seaburn Rally told me. Including some other staff who work at the GNE office in Gateshead Interchange.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Just seems strange refurbishing them since they arnt in a bad condition inside and have the newer blue interior, and theyve now got 2 citylink spares now at Gateshead since the 58 lost 2 busses from the PVR, so gateshead dont really need them back as spares if they can keep the mercs on the road!

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)