Current time: 20/09/2024, 11:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
(23/08/2012 16:11)citaro5284 Wrote:  
(23/08/2012 11:15)kuyoyo Wrote:  'Red Arrows' B9TL 6049-55 will be entering service on the 2nd September.

3 of the vehicles are now at Washington Depot and are likely to go into service before then.

The 3 new vehicles have entered service today.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Here's my photo of 6051 in service on the Red Arrows. The only difference I found at quick glance is that the destination display is not in 'Super-X' mode, the fleetnumbers are in different places and it advertises the Twitter/Facebook on the top rear window instead of a plain Red Arrows logo.

Arriva Durham County Scania OmniCity CN94UB 4664 NK07 FZG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(24/08/2012 19:14)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Here's my photo of 6051 in service on the Red Arrows. The only difference I found at quick glance is that the destination display is not in 'Super-X' mode, the fleetnumbers are in different places and it advertises the Twitter/Facebook on the top rear window instead of a plain Red Arrows logo.

The destination is in 'super x', however there is an issue which Hanover is looking into. If a blind scrolls, it is in 'super x' mode. The X10 vehicles have the same issue (we cannot get the correct font that we use on the bottom line). Also all the new B9's are fitted with the new DG3 destination controller in the cab rather than the normal DERIC.
I find it a bit strange how the 'Red Arrows' branding doesn't show Easington Lane.
Ohh right I see, that makes sense I suppose as you can't scroll a 'Super X' haha never mind. Ahh I understand seems a larger problem then, similar to Arriva Northumbria's new Pulsars and the refurbished ALX300 and Renowns. Yes I noticed that also about the new destination cotroller when sampling them today.

Also then since their seems to be a fault with the system is the number supposed to be with a plum background and white letters as its out of the ordinary compared to other vehicles destination displays by having a coloured number with no coloured background?

(24/08/2012 23:30)NK07 FZG Wrote:  Ohh right I see, that makes sense I suppose as you can't scroll a 'Super X' haha never mind. Ahh I understand seems a larger problem then, similar to Arriva Northumbria's new Pulsars and the refurbished ALX300 and Renowns. Yes I noticed that also about the new destination cotroller when sampling them today.

Also then since their seems to be a fault with the system is the number supposed to be with a plum background and white letters as its out of the ordinary compared to other vehicles destination displays by having a coloured number with no coloured background?

Yes, the route numbers on the X10 are correct. We wanted we try something different (and I quite like it!). Normally as you say it is just a route number in colour outlined in white.
(25/08/2012 07:45)citaro5284 Wrote:  Yes, the route numbers on the X10 are correct. We wanted we try something different (and I quite like it!). Normally as you say it is just a route number in colour outlined in white.

Go North East has tried to do this before with their displays. I think a coloured background looks better than just the number with a white outline.

http://www.simplygo.com/uploads/ImageRoo...s/1353.gif
Is 5166 going in to Northern Red? Just, I saw it de-branded at Heworth a few days ago.
Yeah I agree, I think it also looks nicer!

(25/08/2012 08:06)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(25/08/2012 07:45)citaro5284 Wrote:  Yes, the route numbers on the X10 are correct. We wanted we try something different (and I quite like it!). Normally as you say it is just a route number in colour outlined in white.

Go North East has tried to do this before with their displays. I think a coloured background looks better than just the number with a white outline.

Tom, you are right we have used them before, but we started to receive complaints that the route numbers could not be seen mainly in sunshine, and was blending into the background. You have to be careful what colours you use for the background and the colour you use on the program on your pc when transferred to the vehicle sometimes is not quite the same shades.

The X10 is a good one as the base colour of the brand is not a light colour. To be honest, we tried the numbers in yellow to try and match the gold, but you could not see it in the daylight, hence why the route number is white on a dark background.

User(s) browsing this thread: 68 Guest(s)