Current time: 20/09/2024, 07:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Greater Manchester Franchising
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising
(15/05/2021 02:43)wirralbus Wrote:  Making the fare a flat rate say £1.50 to £2 will work , but only if it is just on smart cards or contactless cards like London , very soon buses will no longer accept cash , similar to London.

Making it free and adding it to Council Tax i think will be political dynamite for whichever party tries to introduce that , people who dont use public transport will seriously resent that and will still drive no matter what you try to introduce to make it as awkward as you can for them. people will also hate there council tax going up dramatically , remember the congestion charge referendum Manchester lost.
Yes it is political dynamite at first but in Luxembourg it free for any train, bus and tram so iif there a will sometimes the people have to be told. it going to have to happen I have to pay for council services I don't need so it same for that and the costs would be far lower if everyone had to pay into the pot. we have to pay a tax for Carrer bags that could of been seen as political dynamite.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Greater Manchester Franchising - Mrboo - 15/05/2021 08:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)