Current time: 20/09/2024, 19:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
RE: Arriva North west and wales new bus and brands 2017
(04/02/2017 16:55)Dentonian Wrote:  How do ANWs new Gemini 3s compare to the almost identical First Manchester "Vantages"?

Can't comment on the comparison with the 'Vantage' buses, but I've found the new Arriva hybrids to be nice buses so far. They are significantly better than the recent Arriva and Stagecoach Enviro400s were in the ride department when brand new. The suspensions are smoother, there are fewer clatters over bumps and they seem to have a strong turn of speed. I don't doubt the ride quality will decline somewhat as they age, but I don't envisage them becoming as rough riding as their Enviro400 stablemates to be at Speke and Green Lane are now.

The lower deck layout is poor, as with the previous B5Ls at Birkenhead. There are too few seats and the layout itself is quite wasteful with single seats where there could be double behind the staircase. Otherwise, they are just as good if not better than the Gillmoss Enviro400s with less garish internal colours and the slightly better Esteban seating.

They're certainly uglier than both generations of Enviro400 for my taste, but they do ride quite a bit better and that's much more important.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)