Current time: 20/09/2024, 09:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: 5318
A Crusader I think 5318 was working on the 47 today
Raymond
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Go North East
Surprise cancellation on vosa today is that of OK1 Expressway

Crook - Bishop Auckland - Darlington - Middlesborough

Wonder if this will lead to something new being introduced or otherwise and what will happen to the 5229 - 5233 scania solars.
(20/06/2013 13:52)ifm Wrote:  Surprise cancellation on vosa today is that of OK1 Expressway

Wonder if this will lead to something new being introduced or otherwise and what will happen to the 5229 - 5233 scania solars.

Surprise? How? It is not carrying many at all to Middlesbrough and Arriva 1/X1 is giving it a rough time between Bishop Auckland & Darlington.

I for one, not surprised.
(20/06/2013 15:42)sndriver Wrote:  
(20/06/2013 13:52)ifm Wrote:  Surprise cancellation on vosa today is that of OK1 Expressway

Surprise? How? It is not carrying many at all to Middlesbrough and Arriva 1/X1 is giving it a rough time between Bishop Auckland & Darlington.

Go north east's problem with the Darlington - Middlesbrough route is that it doesn't call at all the stops the X66 does in Darlington, nor does it stop in Stockton. Unlike the Tyne/Wear Tees express it isn't a route that calls at towns and cities, yes Darlo is a town but the X66 has more customers because of the point i said previously, and I think thats the problem with the route.

Sndriver is there any need to be obnoxious in reply. I'm just saying that it is a suprise to me. If its no big suprise you do not have to be so blatant in your response. Some users of this forum need to ralise it is just a group of people sharing thoughts. It is no big issue at the end of day. People are interested but perhaps we may be best keeping comments to ourselves in future.
(20/06/2013 17:19)ifm Wrote:  

Sndriver is there any need to be obnoxious in reply. I'm just saying that it is a suprise to me. If its no big suprise you do not have to be so blatant in your response. Some users of this forum need to ralise it is just a group of people sharing thoughts. It is no big issue at the end of day. People are interested but perhaps we may be best keeping comments to ourselves in future.

However I still think that Go North East want to run services in Teesside, so i think their maybe a replacement of some sort. Overtime, the X8 maybe created if the wear tees express becomes a success, which overtime it has been gaining extra passengers - the 'Peterlee for sunderland' destination isn't good in my opinion because many may think it only goes as far as peterlee, yet it continues to Sunderland.

This is a shock given that it was only recently extended to Middlesbrough. Maybe the only routes GNE could successfully run into Teesside are those that connect with Newcastle or Sunderland rather than local services dominated by Arriva.
(21/06/2013 20:31)riverside motors Wrote:  
(20/06/2013 17:19)ifm Wrote:  
(20/06/2013 15:42)sndriver Wrote:  Surprise? How? It is not carrying many at all to Middlesbrough and Arriva 1/X1 is giving it a rough time between Bishop Auckland & Darlington.

However I still think that Go North East want to run services in Teesside, so i think their maybe a replacement of some sort. Overtime, the X8 maybe created if the wear tees express becomes a success, which overtime it has been gaining extra passengers - the 'Peterlee for sunderland' destination isn't good in my opinion because many may think it only goes as far as peterlee, yet it continues to Sunderland.

Fully agree, it is stupid the idea of Peterlee for Sunderland/Middlesbrough as it gives the indication also that you need to change and is not a through service No other GNE services say this, ie, service 27 Newcastle to South Shields does not say 27 Heworth for Newcastle, as that would indicate you had to get off and get the metro, so why does the X7 show something.
(22/06/2013 10:02)ifm Wrote:  
(20/06/2013 17:19)ifm Wrote:  Sndriver is there any need to be obnoxious in reply. I'm just saying that it is a suprise to me. If its no big suprise you do not have to be so blatant in your response. Some users of this forum need to ralise it is just a group of people sharing thoughts. It is no big issue at the end of day. People are interested but perhaps we may be best keeping comments to ourselves in future.

Fully agree, it is stupid the idea of Peterlee for Sunderland/Middlesbrough as it gives the indication also that you need to change and is not a through service No other GNE services say this, ie, service 27 Newcastle to South Shields does not say 27 Heworth for Newcastle, as that would indicate you had to get off and get the metro, so why does the X7 show something.

Because that is how it's registered! Because otherwise they would have to have paid for the B10BLEs to be fitted with Tachos because the full route will exceed to 50KM (about 32-34 miles) limit set by the EU to which buses operate. Therefore, buses between Middlesbrough and Peterlee must show Peterlee but also say they carry on to Sunderland. Just look at Arriva and their X1/X2 and the 5.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It is due to the X7 being registered in 2 parts to avoid the need to use a tachograph. The timetable clearly says that you don't need to change buses.

(22/06/2013 10:02)ifm Wrote:  
(20/06/2013 17:19)ifm Wrote:  Sndriver is there any need to be obnoxious in reply. I'm just saying that it is a suprise to me. If its no big suprise you do not have to be so blatant in your response. Some users of this forum need to ralise it is just a group of people sharing thoughts. It is no big issue at the end of day. People are interested but perhaps we may be best keeping comments to ourselves in future.

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)