Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Merseytravel Timetable Changes - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Merseytravel Timetable Changes (/showthread.php?tid=72)

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - CX54 DKD - 15/10/2012 15:29

I like the new mobile site a lot - much easier to use! My only gripe is that some routes, such as the 352, display an outdated timetable when you search for them.

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - R557 ABA - 15/10/2012 15:36

I've also noticed to get the 1/2 timetable up you have to search for the X2 instead.

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - St Helens Rider - 15/10/2012 15:48

These changes have taken place this afternoon at some point as it was still the old layout just after 1pm this afternoon.

I don't like the new timetable search facility as you have to know the route number - the same as TfGM's site. Thought it was much more easier with the list of timetables as was available previously.

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - Jack - 15/10/2012 16:32

I think the new site looks a lot tidier, although it will take getting used to. As for the timetables, I also preferred the old system rather than what TfGM use, but again I suppose it looks tidier now than a long list of routes.

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - busdude - 15/10/2012 22:09

Has the website always had "district maps" on there, never seen one before

Wirral Distict Map

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - Jack - 15/10/2012 22:18

They were probably hidden in there somewhere although I can't see I've seen them online myself. Sure I've seen printed versions though, the St Helens one at least is out of date anyway.

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - buses7675 - 16/10/2012 14:03

Those maps were there, under publications on the old site!

One thing that bothers me is you need to go type the www at the start of the URL, merseytravel.gov.uk won't work anymore!

I assume the site isn't yet complete though as (unless I'm missing them) there are no Travel News Updates anymore so hopefully they'll sort things out over the coming days!

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - CX54 DKD - 16/10/2012 14:43

I'm on my mobile so can't check but, aren't the travel updates now along the banner at the top of the content?

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - buses7675 - 16/10/2012 14:51

Hazzar - Not quite on then banner but a page from that links to them!

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travel-updates/Pages/Merseytravel---Travel-News-Updates.aspx

The 'New and updated timetables' section will hopefully also show all new bus timetables when they are released, much easier than going through all the pages looking/searching for new ones!

There haven't been any newly published bus ones for a few weeks so one to keep an eye out for how it works but it does show two new rail ones so hopefully it'll work as suggested!

RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes - St Helens Rider - 16/10/2012 16:57

Had a good look round but I can't seem to find the 'New and updated timetables' section. The new website is definitely a maze.